Friday, August 28, 2020

To Count Yehudah


Noble Learned Lord, uncle and friend

Your voice rings loud and sincere

Rare Rose, on your words I attend.

On your loyal heart: let all hear!

Upright and noble, true friendship inspire

Duty bound, I must admire. 


You come like the Gryphone of old,              

Courage and fierceness met with pride.   

Across leagues when stories are told---

Yea though you modestly hide

Back where my heart did abide

The North star shines bright and clear.

On a Soule I know as royale peer. 

         

After “To the Ladie Arabella'' by Aemilia Lanyer. It is about Count Yehudah ben Yitzhak, one of the first people I met in the Barony of Nordskogen (Twin Cities) he has been a true friend and inspiration to many and someone I have admired for a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment