Monday, July 9, 2007

Polaris

Polaris

How do I speak of a hero?
When the bards of all times searched for that word.
I am a Poet,
A Musician,
A Bard,
A Warrior,
An Artisan,
A Lady,
A Sister,
A Daughter,
A Friend,
A Fool.
But what of a Hero?

My hero lies within the Maestros,
Who have given me blinders so that I may see.

My hero lies within the spirit of the lands,
When the winter frost warms me.

My hero lies within medicine,
A scientific spiritual embrace.

My hero lies within my family,
The Kin and land one together.

My hero lies within madrigals,
The song in the story.

My hero lies within stories,
A Polaris beacon that has been more then a guide.

My hero lies within sound,
Echoes and voices of the Northlands.

My hero lies within silence,
A discussion between my brothers.

My hero lies within the past,
When I was alone.

My hero lies within the present,
The light that has been given.

My hero lies within the future,
In all I see before me.

My hero lies within myself,
Because I take it all with me.

By Lady AliƩnor Hathaway




I wrote this poem for my first ever Bardic entry in a challenge at Boar's Head A.S. 37. The only problem was that I lost my voice and had to have THL Eliane Halevy read it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment