Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Écoutez-moi!

I decided to challenge myself to writing a form poem since I find it easy to write in free verse. So, I thought I'd practice on the rondeau form to start since that's the style for the challenge at Bardic Madness XX. Couldn't write one in English, but I got one in French. So, that's what I ended up presenting. It did include an English Translation but rhyming/rhythm couldn't be kept for the English.


Écoutez-moi (Listen to Me!)

Écoutez-moi, vous qui est mon témoin
De temps en temps tu es trop loin
Vis a vis mon histoire
Est possible avec tes mémoires?
Mais quand même, tu es bien.

C'est vrai l'amour en son jardin
Qui me dirige sur ce chemin
C'est un commencement de nos espoirs
Écoutez-moi !

Maintenant, main dans la main
Toujours, toujours nos refrains
Est nos gloires
Mes mots en grimoires
Moi qui détesté chérubin!
Écoutez-moi !

No comments:

Post a Comment